Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Where has the time gone?

Away forever apparently.

I'm absolutely horrid at diary keeping. Always have been. Keeping a journal has been said to have numerous health benefits. It keeps you in touch with yourself and your past. I knew this since I was a kid, but could never get past three journal entries unless my teacher forced me to write in it.
So, allow me to back track

Today: I planted three trees in the back/front yard, cleared the patio for the new glass doors, collapsed in exhaustion, ate sushi, bought shit at Home Depot and collapsed again. Today is also the birthday of a certain person whose existence has caused me no end of grief. I have not seen her face in two years, but gently caress in agony the mental scars she gave me.

Yesterday: Went to the gym, worked on a prototype, got a facebook friend invite from the only girl who I think had a crush on me in High School, though we only spoke once and from what I remember, I resented her for liking me. I have not seen her in 4+ years. Also found out that my High school class Valedictorian got married. I am baffled by how this fails to surprise me. two out of 68 Hillel '03 Alums are in matrimonial bliss. I intend to never join their ranks.

Day Before Yesterday: I took the GREs. The results: 750 verbal, 680 Math. I prepared for a week with a $25 prep book. Fairly pissed how I came down from a 800 verbal 700 math SAT. I don't know if it's because I became stupid, work slow on math or because it's computer based with only two multiple choice sections whereas the SAT had several. I am not intellectually what I would like to be. And this is upsetting because intellect is one of the only things going for me.

The Previous Week: Took the LSAT. Awaiting the the scores, but if I had to guess, I would be in the 160's. Which is a 10 point improvement, but 10 points from where I would like to be. If I do end up in law school, I don't think it'll matter that much if I just go into IP law and wait out my days fighting for digital rights in the EFF.

Also visited my father's grave. 7 years since he passed away. It's hard to remember what he sounded like. I was fifteen then, so I can remember what he used to say, but I can't imagine what he would say now to me. Atheists seem to be particularly silent at gravesites. I know I was.

The month previously: frantic studying for the LSAT. Damn LSAT prep was a grand out of my meager savings. Couldn't even squeeze enough of the value out since I became addicted to watching streaming episodes of The Office from Netflix. On the upside, I realized that Dwight Shrute is my power animal.

So, that is all you need to know. I'm done with my tests, and now have a brief window in which I will once again subject myself the the cruel ravages of a job search. Before I subject myself to the cruel ravages of Graduate/Law school admissions.

And plant more trees.

No comments: