Thursday, October 18, 2007

Nerds Wear Costumes. True Nerds Build Costumes

So, Halloween is just around the corner. And therefore, it's no surprise that I'm spending more cognitive energy on costume design than say, getting a job. I'm thinking this year of a plague doctor. It's more subtle than a skeleton and is way more classy than anything else, since it's a classic Venetian Masquerade get up. It also ensures that NO ONE will know what I am, keeping my obscure yet obsessive track record up. It's really sad that I have no parties to go to or people to spend the holiday with. But it's tradition damnnit! I built my own incomprehensible costumes for my entire life. Here is a quick year by year rundown as memory serves:

Senior Year: Republican for Voldemort (Basically a evil politically active supervillian- which everyone thought was Magneto, but I had a skull and a sign!)

Junior Year: Anubis (Which everyone thought was some Egyptian donkey)

Sophmore Year: Memory fails - Was I sane then? Nah.

Freshman Year: Milk jug post apocalyptic nightmare from a comic book I tried to write (which no one understood)

High School Purims
Cafeteria worker (with Gas mask and spoon), Spock, Napoleon, Osama in hiding, Grouch Marx, Demonic jester,

Elementary School: Teacher from the Black Lagoon, A Dragon (with a long tail sewed by my grandmother filled with Styrofoam peanuts), Robin hood, Haman, King Achashverosh,
Mario, Darth Vader, and some others.

So I don't know. Am I finally too adult to do this? Or will studying for the LSAT force me into maturity?

And is anyone having a Halloween party I can crash?

No comments: